ep #5: shared self (Kapwa)
in this episode Donna & Elden speak with guest Ayla Rose. their conversation revolves from, through & around the idea of the shared self as brought forward by the Filipino concept of Kapwa.
through lines of this conversation include:
- Kapwa & the concept of the shared self.
- the interdependent essence connecting us all.
- both individual & interdependent.
- the dominant societal container tends to shape a process of separation through harshness & shame.
- the impact of hyper-independence.
- internalized racialization.
- the impact of race on relationship.
- imbalances of responsibility & capacity.
Links to resources & teachers mentioned:
the wired for connection podcast is recorded, edited & produced from the un-ceded (stolen) ancestral homelands of the Ramaytush Ohlone people the area commonly referred to as the San Francisco Peninsula.
intro/outro music by Ayla Rose
*disclaimer: this content is for entertainment purposes only*